Thursday, December 10, 2009

Assignment #4 Landscape


I chose this landscape because I think that it has a good overall composition, as well as balance of colors. The variety of colors, from the blue sky to green grass, brown rock and gray mountain, bring variety and a sense of diversity to the shot. It is interesting because the mountains in the background suggest winter or the cold, but the green grass suggests a warm summer or spring. The mountains reflecting in the water are a cool affect, and they give the photograph some symmetry. If I were to have taken this shot, I think I would have included more of the land on the left hand side. Overall however, I think it has great composition. The horizon as well as the rock follow the thirds rule perfectly. The focus is also crisp, giving detail to the grass in the foreground as well as the clouds and mountains behind.
The area looks like a very nice place for a hike, and if I could be there right now I would go exploring. I think it would be interesting to see what was behind the rock, or off to the left or right of the frame. I have never been here, although I think I would like to go to a place like this. Im not even sure where this is a picture of, although I would guess maybe the alps. If I was in this photo, I would be standing on top of the large rock in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment